Yu-Gi-Oh! Return of the Duelist Sneak Peak (Cambie)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Return of the Duelist – Sneak Peak
Entry: $25 – each player will receive 5 booster packs from the new set and a promo card (while supplies last).
Format: Sealed deck and open dueling.
Participants use the 5 Booster Packs and the Promo Card they received at Registration and build a Deck to play with. The Deck must meet the following requirements:
- A Minimum of 20 cards must be used for the Main Deck.
- All cards not used in the Main Deck are automatically considered to be a part of the Side Deck. The usual 0 – 15 card Side Deck rule does not apply.
- All Synchro Monsters and Fusion Monsters must go in the Extra Deck.
- Players start out each game with 8,000 Life Points.
- Players play a Best 2-out-of-3 Match against an opponent to declare a winner.
- Unlike Constructed Decks, Sealed Decks have no restrictions on the number of any specific card in the Deck. A player may include as many copies of any card he or she likes, even more than three, provided all copies of those cards were obtained only from the product given for Deck-building in that event.
- In between games of a Match, you can add, subtract or exchange cards from the Main Deck with cards in the Side Deck. Main Deck size cannot be less than 20 cards.
Players may not trade the cards they received in their product with other players until they are done participating in the Sneak Peek.
Players may not add cards they already own to their Sneak Peek Deck. Only the Promo and the cards pulled from the Booster Packs provided for that player at Registration may be used for Deck building. Using cards not obtained in the product directly given is considered cheating.
Prizes: Each entrant will have a chance to win a Sneak Peak Game Mat which will be drawn as a random door prize as long as they compete in either the sealed deck event, or complete at least 5 duels against different opponents in open dueling. Door prizes will be awarded at the end of the sealed event.
Open Dueling uses the same deck construction rules as sealed above, but players will not be paired. Duelists are responsible for finding their own opponents to duel.
Registration starts at 11am when the store opens, packs will be handed out as you register. Sealed deck event will begin at Noon.
Date(s) - 19/08/2012
11:00 am - 5:00 pm